These are the rules governing all contests aired on WPXT-TV, WPME-TV, ME-TV and on the OurMaine.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WPXT” means Ironwood Communications, which owns WPXT:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WPXT contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WPXT you must not have won anything on WPXT in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. As a winner of a WPXT contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WPXT reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WPXT studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WPXT delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as (station) awarding the prize to the winner. WPXT shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WPXT shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
7. All (Station) contests are open to all eligible Maine and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WPXT that will be presented to WPXT and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WPXT, WPME and its parent company, Ironwood Communications; their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WPXT main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
8. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WPXT studios, 4 Ledgeview Drive, Westbrook, 04092, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. WPXT reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. WPXT, its parent corporation, Ironwood Communications, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WPXT, its parent corporation, Ironwood Communications, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WPXT the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WPXT management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
13. WPXT reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. WPXT shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
15. The following are specifically related to E-contests on OurMaine.com and through Facebook:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the area of WPXT as defined at the exclusive discretion of WPXT management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WPXT’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. By providing your email address, you agree to give us permission to contact you about future promotions via email.
16. A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the WPXT studios 4 Ledgeview Drive, Westbrook, 04092.